Temporary agencies have gained extensive use by the small businesses because they have been considered to be an effective way to evaluate the performance of the employees before deciding to hire them. This enables the employer to check on the proper fit of the particular employee with the regular company responsibilities and culture.
Moreover, the businesses that do not have the legal and financial obligations of hiring the full-time employees consider using the temporary agencies. The legal responsibilities of a company or a small business are taken into consideration when taking the different types of temp agencies such as zero-hours and fixed-term workers.
Benefits of Working with Temp Agencies
The company that recruits temporary agencies always want to alleviate the administrative burden incurred during recruitment, evaluation, screening and interviewing employees when looking for the ones that are highly qualified.
The time-frame an agency will spend working in a company will enable the employers to evaluate each employee on-site and on-the-job so as to ascertain the one they will retain in their payroll when they time expires. Hence, here are the responsibilities and obligations of temp agencies.
Complies with all legal and safety requirements
- The temp agencies have the responsibility to abide by the company`s legal and safety requirements and obligations.
- They should observe all the workplace and insurance board safety requirements that involve paying the premiums of the total workforce.
- They should also provide their clearance certificates for the workplace safety and insurance board after every 90 days to prove their compliance.
- They should also ensure that they comply with the regulations set by the ministry of labor which involves ensuring that the workers are legally able to work in the particular country.
- The temp agencies always ensure that all the temps are paid at least the set minimum wage. Besides, they should make sure that the revenue agency regulations are observed.
Performing background checks on all employees
The temp agencies have an enormous responsibility of performing proper background checks on all their temps in the agency. As such, this calls for best temp agencies in Denver. This is essential in preventing the legal issues and unwanted surprises that are attributed to hiring temps who have criminal records.
It is also important in preventing cases of negative exposure by the media that ruins the morale of the company when the news go viral. Besides, background checks help in the verification of the identity of the temps to protect themselves against cases of potential theft of identity.
Proper screening of the temps
The temp agencies are used by many companies because they conduct efficient screening of the employees so as to get the employees that have the necessary skills required by the company. The agencies always verify the work experience and the educational background of the temps. The process helps in weeding out the unqualified temps to instill confidence in the companies that hire them.